Between humans and wool, there is an ancient love story!
According to historical studies, weaving wool obtained from sheep's fleece was already customary among the people of Mesopotamia in 3000 BC
Five thousand years later, wool is still loved and used for both aesthetic reasons and its unique characteristics.
In particular, wool still remains the most used material for the pile of artisanal carpets and, sometimes, for the wefts and warps.
Depending on the geographical area, carpets can be made from sheep's wool, goat's wool, camel's wool, etc.
In Morocco, the most commonly used wool is sheep's wool. The appearance of the wool can vary greatly depending on the breed of sheep, its age, the season in which it is sheared, the type of breeding, the part of the body from which it comes...
After cutting the hair, the wool is purified, washed and degreased. Its natural colors vary from ivory to dark brown. It can be worked as such or colored with natural or synthetic dyes.
Through procedures that can still be exclusively manual, the hair is transformed into wool yarns intended to be woven, knotted and transformed into wonderful carpets.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose a wool carpet:
- It is a natural fiber, 100% renewable;
- It does not require industrial production methods;
- It is highly resistant;
- It is soft and warm to the touch;
- It is naturally antibacterial, hypoallergenic and anti-mold;
- It is a fantastic thermal insulator; in fact, it is used to insulate from both heat and cold. In fact, it is used in construction as a biotechnological material to thermally insulate roofs and walls of buildings!
- Compared to cotton, it is less prone to getting dirty;
- It has no electrostatic reactions;
- It is hardly flammable and when it burns, it chars slowly without spreading the flame;
- She is beautiful!
In short, you will have understood, we love it. And for you, we have selected soft and fluffy wool carpets just like the ones we chose for our home.